RAIN OR SHINE!
Davidson County Farm Tour
Enjoy a day trip to meet local farmers and tour their beautiful farms on the Davidson County Farm Tour.
Choose as many locations from our 7 participating locations:
Planning Tips to Remember:
- Respect the tour hours – the tour happens Saturday, June 16, 2018 from 1-5 p.m. – RAIN OR SHINE. Farms are open from 1 – 5 p.m. on the 16th of June. Please don’t arrive before or after the tour hours.
- The tours are self-guided – visit any farm in any order! Start with the understanding that you will not have time to visit all the farms on the tour. A good plan: 2-3 farms (or more) allowing 1-2 hours per farm. Pick a farm that most interests you and then plan additional stops nearby.
- Your Eventbrite ticket is your car pass – good for a full carload of people. Your pass gets you and whoever else is in your car (friends, family, neighbors–truly whomever) into all the farms on the tour. You don’t need a pass for each person. So, cram your car full of folks and head out for some farm-fresh fun! Cycling groups are welcome to use just one pass too.
- No pets – sorry, no dogs or other furry friends allowed.
- Bring a cooler – nearly every farm will tempt you with farm-fresh produce, meats, and other yummy things. Don’t forget to bring a cooler with ice so you can stock up!
- Dress appropriately – wear comfortable, sturdy shoes and be prepared for muddy lanes and uneven ground. Bring your camera, sunscreen, snacks, water and rain gear, as needed.
- Have a great time! – feel free to tag any photos you take on the tour with the hashtag #davidsoncountytour on social media. Follow us on @davidsoncountyfood on Instagram and Facebook.
June 16, 2018 – 1 to 5 pm
$5 per car before June 1st.
$10 per car after June 1st.
- Davidson County Cooperative Extension
- Davidson County Health Department
- Davidson County Magazine
- DCCC Small Business Center
- Farm Bureau of Davidson County
- Thomasville Area Chamber of Commerce
- TRIP (Tourism Recreation Investment Partnership) for Davidson County